PDA

View Full Version : Slow axx in the car or what?

chrille
04-01-2005, 08:49 PM
I think it`s a greate car! But even with the x-speed in it the acceleration is very slow! Anyone more then me that thinks so? The only thing i really imagined with the x-speed was that the car went a little faster, but not the fast that i thougt it would be... I`ll hope that the 8cell GP batteri would make that acceleration problem dissapear! :D

reelinfeele
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
how slow is slow?

chrille
04-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Well, even with the sliper clutch very titened the car does never even be near to spin on the floor!

ruknd
04-01-2005, 09:04 PM
what power is in it now? 8 cells ahve to give it some power...teh mini-ts have 6 and it scoots OK

chrille
04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I drive for the moment with 6 alkaline batteries. Didnt have any better home for the moment... but i`m gonna fix some rechargeable batteries for tomorrow...and then i got my 8 2/3A battereis on their way home from rcmart to.... but i had expected that the H8 would be faster in original set up! It`s maybe because the motor is only runned for 5 minutes or so... :P But i have never expected that kind of problems before with motors, and i have runned electric cars for about 11 years now. So it`s just to hope that the GP batteries fixes the acceleration/speed! :)

Fire
04-02-2005, 11:53 AM
I can agree with you Chrille, It would not hurt if it had a little more punch, (but I'm still running the original motor). But if I know you (and i think i do) you are not going to run the Kyosho motor for long :) .

BitHed
04-02-2005, 02:16 PM
...Chrille I am running 6 GP 1100 cells and its MUCH better...I am not using the xspeed but a very similar motor...The xspeed and Gp's will be good i think...

chrille
04-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Good! :) Found some old ni-cd batteries that i charged (just to try) and damn! Now i start to like the car!! :D

Fire! So you buyed a car!? :D I thougt so that you could never make it till the wednesday without one! ;)

BitHed
04-02-2005, 02:21 PM
...yup its MUCH better with some REAL juice flowing into it :D I might just try 8 cells with the stock gear :)

...Fire welcome to the boards...Stay away from Chrille...VERY bad influence :p

chrille
04-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Hehehe...but im supriced! The car was very bad with new and fresh alkaline batteris, but when it got my 15 years old ni-cd batteris that i charged for over a year ago, the car went to something realy fun!? :S Well, i guess it`s just to look happy and drive! :D

lukeita
04-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Hello!
Maybe more than voltage (alkaline batteries are 1.5V each, NiCD or NiMH "just" 1.2V) is peak current and NiCD and NiMH are very good... I've some GP 2300mAh batteries which are waiting for my H8... :)
bye

chrille
04-02-2005, 03:03 PM
ok, but i thougt a little about thar and talked to my dad, and he said that rechargeable batteries can handle more power output than alkaline, so it`s probebly therefore! :)

BitHed
04-02-2005, 03:54 PM
...i went through one set of alkalines just to 'test' you know...they died, we said goodbye and then the REAL RC'ing started happening :D Forget the alkalines...They are paperweights...

...So what does your dad think of the machine? MY dad comes on these boards sometimes...lol... :o

chrille
04-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Know, alkaline sucks! My dad hasent sayed so much about it, but he thinks it looks cool! :) And so do i! ;)

lukeita
04-02-2005, 05:04 PM
:) My dad saw the photo and asked me when it will arrive... hope he let me play with MY H8 :)
bye

WhoMe
04-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Im glad to hear six GPs worked well for you Bit. Id really like to try that before i go the eight cell route. To be honest with you Id like to make the car race ready with six GP 1100 cells. I think with this car needs it more motor..not more cells.

BitHed
04-04-2005, 01:07 PM
...WhoMe...The MinFerno LOVES the 6-pack...its at home with it and there are NO problems or issues at all...Im not using the battery cover doors either and i havent even velcroed them in yet...They sit nicely and do their job without complaining...I am liking these electronics more and more...

...I have been testing the 8-pack...Gingerly at first, up on a stand so no pressure or force or anything..Works great, no heat no smoke...

...Then on the floor...very slowly, checking for heat and smell...NOTHING...

...Pick the car up...hold one wheel, ten two, then three...its friggin noisy but no signs or smell or feel or everybody not getting along really well...

...Then some scoots around the living room...into the sofa...reverse...reverse against the bookcase...AGAIN no problems...

...I have satisfied MYSELF, ME that is, that MY stock ESC can cope with an 8-cell...My driving ability and the limits that i, BITHED, believe the car can handle mean that I, ME, MY, will use the stock esc with 8 cells...if MY ESC blows up its MY fault...If YOUR esc blows up because you thought it was a good idea after reading MY comments that is YOUR bad luck..basically dont blame me if you try it and it blows...Here ends my disclaimer :o

...I think the BIGGEST hurdle in using an 8-pack is PROBABLY how to fit them in nicely...I will feel better about using 8 when my LRP esc gets here though..Shameless boasting and beating of chest :D

WhoMe
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
The reason Id rather use six cells over eight isnt really because Im worried about burning up the stock esc. Its more about setting a cheaper standard for racing..and about getting more life out of a motor. Throwing 9.6 volts at one of these little motors can and will be detrimental to it's life span. And its noisey eh? has anyone tried lubing the diff gears yet?

BitHed
04-04-2005, 04:07 PM
...The following took place between 11pm and 12am...

...I lubed the center and the rear...Check my thread in the set-ups section...I took TOO many parts off to get into the rear and it ended up eing MUCH easier than expected...I was expecting the diff to open top to bottom but it opened front to rear which made it really easy...You MUST lube your gear guys caose its pretty damn dry in there and plastic on plastic is NOT optimal you know :eek: I was going to do the front tonight while watching 24 but i was sidetracked with a steering rod adjustment...I have TAMIYA adjustable rods now :D

WhoMe
04-04-2005, 04:18 PM
The diff on a 1.8th scale buggy are sealed..and can be filled with diff fluid. It would be cool if you could do that with these.

ruknd
04-04-2005, 07:02 PM
what does the diff look like? maybe some TA or Losi diff lube will do the trick?

Ninja
04-04-2005, 08:37 PM
is there room for a twin motor and twin 7.2v li-po pack setup? :D i am a gluton for punishment, i been thinking about buying a mini-t as my next r/c purchase, but im not sure yet. i was looking at the mini-t b/c they are very popular and there is alot of parts support on the net and in my LHS

coryj
04-05-2005, 03:18 AM
...The following took place between 11pm and 12am...

I love 24, watch it every monday
you got it japan too eh thats cool

ninja I have a mini t with a mamba in it and its great but I think the h8 is better for going fast being its a buggy

BitHed
04-05-2005, 03:22 AM
...We get 24 in two languages on monday and with subtitles on thursday...We have just started season two and last night i watched from 11pm to 12pm...I like it...

...The Center of gravity, COG, on the MinFerno is great...i can traction roll it occassionally but its generally good...I have it quite high...might lower it some...I have never used droop screws before so that will be new...

...I thought trucks were the best and I still like them but nothing better than getting your H8 airborne :D A buugy is a buggy and a buggy is good :D

WhoMe
04-05-2005, 01:46 PM
This motor is definatly larger than a 300. Definatly room for expansion possibilites.

chrille
04-05-2005, 04:53 PM
I just loves how the H8 jumps!! :D Its perfect! The car flyes straight and lands that way to! But im a litte worried about how it would be with the more weight youll get from an 8 cells pack.... But maybe a mamba would help the car to trow it around if its to backheavy! :P

hkopium
04-05-2005, 04:56 PM
I just loves how the H8 jumps!! :D Its perfect! The car flyes straight and lands that way to! But im a litte worried about how it would be with the more weight youll get from an 8 cells pack.... But maybe a mamba would help the car to trow it around if its to backheavy! :P

Yeah, this car is truely hell of a jumper. Thanks to the well balanced weight.

Don't worry about the 8 cell pack, the batteries are evenly distributed to two side of the chasis.

I think we better install oil damper before u try some crazy jumps with 8 cell pack.

:D

chrille
04-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Already got the oilshocks! ;) So thats not a problem! Cant wait till i get the pack! :P

hkopium
04-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Already got the oilshocks! ;) So thats not a problem! Cant wait till i get the pack! :P

What oil shocks are you using, show photo pls if possible. I want them too!!!
Are they the same size as the original Kyosho H8 ones? Need any trimming?

BTW, since you got the oil dampers, lets do some bungie jumping with your H8! :p

Hey bro, I noticed that you are using Kyosho X-Speed motor, what size and speed is it? Much faster than stock one? Is it the one Kyosho claimed to boost the H8 from 21mph to 35mph? Or the will be a special X-Speed for H8?

chrille
04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
hkopium: I uses Kyoshos oilshocks, they are the same size as the original ones. And so is the motor.

hkopium
04-06-2005, 08:22 AM
hkopium: I uses Kyoshos oilshocks, they are the same size as the original ones. And so is the motor.

Original Kyosho H8? They are released?

BitHed
04-06-2005, 09:07 AM
...KYOSHO half eight xspeed motor and oil shox are available now...

chrille
04-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Yepp, and the question about the motor, the car is not going in 36km/h now! Maybe 25km/h, or a little more... But with the 9.6V pack 36km/h would be no problem i think! :)

crymynal
04-06-2005, 03:09 PM
...I lubed the center and the rear...

What wt oil did you use? Or did you use grease?

...I was expecting the diff to open top to bottom but it opened front to rear which made it really easy...

Just like a 1/8th scale buggy. Cool :cool:

...steering rod adjustment...I have TAMIYA adjustable rods now...

What part numbers did you use there BitHed? This may be a great hopup.

BitHed
04-06-2005, 09:18 PM
...Crymynal...I used TAMIYA Tianium Grease in the diffs, more to lube than to 'pack'...Its been recommended that i use TAMIYA 'ANTI-WEAR' grease later on...the heavier the better in the diffs apparently...You might be able to shed some light on that Crymynal...They are MUCH better now though...

...TAMIYA adjustable rods...not sure of the part# but they are just regular 12mm rods...SO much nicer now and of course adjustable...GREAT mod...

crymynal
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey BitHed.....the way we run our 1/8th buggies depends upon the driver and track. A basic setup is something like 5k/10k/1k (front/center/rear). The center gets the thickest to send all the power out to the wheels. The front gets alot to pull the car around the corners. The rear gets less so you don't have positive traction style rears. In other words it lets the inside rear tire turn slower than the outside rear tire during a turn.

I hope this helps. I have not opened the diffs in the H8 so I don't know if it will take diff fluid or not.

chrille
04-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Good luck to put in any fluid in that diffs, theyre all wide open, so the fluid will just splash out in the diff house! Sad but true... But a little drop of grease would not be wrong ill think! :)

WhoMe
04-07-2005, 07:26 PM
He is correct..the diffs are not sealed.

chrille
04-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Puted som diffgrease in my frontdiff just to try get it a little more smooth, and damn what a difference it did! :D But still the diff is hacking a little...but ill try to drive it a little more and a little harder and hope that it will become smooth! :)

k_bojar
04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
He is correct..the diffs are not sealed.

Any way to throw in a couple of o-rings to seal off the diffs??

I'd really like to see these diffs, I'm sure somebody has parts that will let you seal the diffs and fill them with fluid...

chrille
04-07-2005, 07:59 PM
O-rings will not work, dont understand how you should fit them cause the diffs are wide open.... just to hope that it comes balldifferentials or even Kyoshos own TCD diffs! :) Just wounder what that one will cost, when the TCDs to the MP7.5 costs about 180$! :P

BitHed
04-07-2005, 08:15 PM
...KYOSHO will probably do a ball diff at least...GPM might too...universals / cvds will probably be done by someone by the end of May...

...The diffs as they are become very snug and cosy...The fit of the case is perfect...just no real way to get fluid in there i dont think...

crymynal
04-08-2005, 01:40 PM
I haven't taken mine apart yet, but after I do I will let you all know if it resembles a 1/8th buggy diff or not.

WhoMe
04-08-2005, 02:56 PM
The center diff case is not sealable...its pretty much wide open exposed to the idler gear to drive the car. Now mind you this section has that clear lexan gear cover but that is hardly air tight. The front and rear diffs are enclosed but they have a large cutout on the bottom. This is covered by the chassis when its on.