PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get MAD

mrfixitt
10-27-2005, 08:01 PM
I know I know, I will probably get some flack over this one but i have stripped out 4 sets of rear diff gears (anyone else) just about ready to sell the beast-now I have to wait probably 2-3 weeks for new parts from RCBoyz to get here(canada).

I have got around 550US into it including a WHACK of parts, I thought I would stock up so that I would never be out of service but I have used all my diff gears-WHY-I have checked and double checked-backlash-i have used silicone grease-everything is always tight-I AM GOING INSANE, I have had it about 1.5 months now and I have driven it maybe 5 packs

I NEED METAL DIFF GEARS

DrVonHoSS
10-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I know I know, I will probably get some flack over this one but i have stripped out 4 sets of rear diff gears (anyone else) just about ready to sell the beast-now I have to wait probably 2-3 weeks for new parts from RCBoyz to get here(canada).

I have got around 550US into it including a WHACK of parts, I thought I would stock up so that I would never be out of service but I have used all my diff gears-WHY-I have checked and double checked-backlash-i have used silicone grease-everything is always tight-I AM GOING INSANE, I have had it about 1.5 months now and I have driven it maybe 5 packs

I NEED METAL DIFF GEARS

not cool! i ordered 1 center diff set and 3 front/rear diff sets.. figures.. the front/rear diffs are on back order! i still have yet to drive my buggy but i plan on stripping a lot of gears! :rolleyes:

Those ST diffs look like they will be the hot set-up once they are released.

BitHed
10-28-2005, 04:32 AM
...something is DEFINATELY not right with this picture...I dont know what you are doing wrong...But it cant be good...put it this way...I have been running the AON with the URC 10 CELL on very tight ATOMIC front and rear ball diffs and ZERO problems...Maybe there is a ghost in your machine...I just dont get it...

plain_simple
10-29-2005, 08:34 PM
have you checked if the diff box is aligned with the chassis? could be a torsion on that and with the friction lead to all those stripped diff... another reason could be the bearings.. change them and try to see if it's better.. i dont see any other reason for the to be happening if all the rest is ok :rolleyes: