PDA

View Full Version : ...BitH8...

BitHed
04-01-2005, 04:47 PM
...The start of something glorious...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/bithed/BitHedH8.jpg

...as you can see the dummy is gone, the exhaust is gone...No battery mods yet...The hex is REALLY small so nothing fits :( TBONE bumper 'mocked' on...better pics coming...zip-tied the body clips...

...Stock electronics with KO PROPO EX-5...

...BTW good hint for threading the antenna....roll the tube between your hands and heat it up...and try and try again :p

...I have the oil shox and the xspeed and the bearings but they are stock and i SHOULD sell them...

lukeita
04-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Wow fantastic!
But remember: you can't add TeamHelotes ads without using their batteries :)
bye

WhoMe
04-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Great decal work Bit...she looks like the Panic Toys flag ship to me.

chrille
04-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Wow! :eek: Damn, why didnt i buy a white one? :P Well well, just to fix some cool stickers to the yellow one and make it cooler than yours! ;) It`s gonna be tought, but i`m gonna try!

ruknd
04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
the tires looks liek they are hard and maybe step type pins? does it have foams? Gonna need to find a good blue groove tire..any ideas about aftermarket tires? Also, are there going to be different springs?

Man...im not sure I'll be able to wait for a pro kit...I may scratch the idea of hopping up the mini-t and sink into a half8...if there wqas only a 1:26 size buggy (though I did do a truck mod to a mzm with a custom dbr body :D )

Icey.Apple
04-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Sweet ride BitHed :D now i'm really jalous ;) I really really really want one now...

chrille
04-01-2005, 08:00 PM
ruknd, the tires ar not that hard, but they are step type pins and theyve got foams! :)

ixlr8
04-02-2005, 04:06 PM
im liking the panic toy stickers they look sweet i dont know about the white and blue but it looks great

BitHed
04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
...I like it alot...18t is faster out of the box but the h8 is more stable...you can just feel that the h8 wants to go faster and has the ability to astound you but she wants to be discovered first and have herself set up by each owner...She gets better with each tweak and the smile she gives you broadens with each touch...

...ALL bolts and screws are tight as hell...dont think of this as a 1:16 car...think of it as small chassis 1:10 car...strong as a brick shit house...that means VERY :) I had to pull some tools out of the BIG tool box to wrench a decent amount of torque to get some screws off...The Motor mount is easy to remove as is the pinion but getting the mottor OFF the mount was hard...

...Chuck the 'tool'...Tightening the slipper clutch was pointless as the tool just slipped off...That baby was SO TIGHT i couldnt do anything...pull out the big guns in the form of pliers and she opened up to me...Seems she likes it ruff :)

...Set up for noobies of the box...stock speed is slow...but that doesnt matter for long for the hardcore...The stock came out and the RS-380PH i put together went in...Im not going to bother with the xspeed...I will wait for one of Mazda's motors...

...I ran one set of alkalines and stock motor to get the feel but it just doesnt cut it...No need for AA's ever again...

...Stuck with stock wheels...unique 'small' hex hub...that sux...thats one bad point...can use other companies servos but they must be 'mini' servos...compiling list now...stock electronics arent bad at all...no problems so far...slipper clutch VERY tight...body is good...all pink and blue stripes are stickers so i chucked them already...

...Heavy...much heavier than i expected...will take 6 cell nimh packs too...running 6 now with stock and panictoys motor and its good...

...Couple of hours of use and its really noisey...diffs need some lube...

...Bearings are in...better rolling but pitches more with brake and acceleration...Biggest spacer placed on EACH shock and its more stable now...Ground clearence is sweet too...Should be able to fit a TBone with no problems...

...Also replaced wheel nuts with better flanged nuts...NOICE :)

BitHed
04-02-2005, 11:15 PM
...Oh tops of the shock towers are flexy as hell...MonoTuning needs to get busy on my balsa wood replacements :p

...Also cut out rear right window for easier access to the power switch...The battery doors are gone too...I will just velcro my 6 packs in...

chrille
04-03-2005, 09:33 AM
BitHed, i agre to you in every part of your text! :) Especially that with the slipper clutch, it`s hard as hell! And the crapy tool you get in the box is not worth much, but with a plier it worked fine to adjust it! I really love this car! And as you say, it just screams for more power! ;) must get my 9.6V pack and put in the LRP ESC this week....

BitHed
04-03-2005, 09:46 AM
...which LRP are you getting im getting one too...The most basic in the serious of three AI units..plug and play is my friend :D

chrille
04-03-2005, 10:14 AM
I`mm gonna yuse the IPC PRO Sport! Just because i got one allready! ;) Think it would be greate! No problems with motor choice anyway! Just to buy one and put it in! :) And it can handle 9.6V so it`s greate!

lukeita
04-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Found this page about ESCs:
http://www.mattsrcstuff.com/ESCguide.htm
bye

lukeita
04-03-2005, 11:33 AM
But a question... why not use ESC with reverse?
Could it be useful, right? Or do you prefer a forward/brake mode (as in nitro)?
Some MiniZ have reverse mode...
thanks

BitHed
04-03-2005, 01:56 PM
...mine will have reverse...I like reverse...Reverse is my friend...Having means i can back up from the wall i just ran into :o

lukeita
04-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes! When I played first with my nitro MP6, I had some problems without reverse... :-)
So let's look at a ESC with reverse...
bye

chrille
04-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I want one with reverse me to, but because i allready got the PRO Sport ill use that for first... :) Maybe ill buy a new one with reverse then, maybe ill buy mamba... ;)

ruknd
04-04-2005, 07:24 PM
stay away from teh AI series. This is the ESC that comes with the TA rtrs and everyone I've seen gets one and shortly thereafter it starts reversing itself while driving. Very annoying. In fact I had the same proble with teh B4 rtr I got for the little lady to race. I ripped the thing apart time and time again and it seems that its jsut a design flaw.

Before this they had the F1 series which was the same price and a smoother ESC and problem free...I had one befre Iswitched to a bunchof quantum 2's. Also, if you're looking for full size escs..the teking rebel is a good budget esc.

gustav
04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
i thinking to get one TP-M8R speed controller cause the Operating Voltage is 4V-12V !!! 10cells :D mohahaha

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_36_51&products_id=2009

BitHed
04-04-2005, 08:34 PM
...Good great absolutely wonderful...It seems i bought as ESC that does things on its own..oh goody...cant wait...Well if it starts that happy antics on MY car then its going back...

ruknd
04-04-2005, 08:56 PM
...Good great absolutely wonderful...It seems i bought as ESC that does things on its own..oh goody...cant wait...Well if it starts that happy antics on MY car then its going back...
well, keep in mind AI does stand for artificial intelligence...noone said all intelligence was intelligent :rolleyes:

BitHed
04-05-2005, 04:52 AM
...I am believing that my new LRP esc will be good and i wont have any problems...Please just let me think that until i am proven wrong :o LOL...

...Rear and center diffs lubed...A bit better...MUCH easier to get into the diffs than i expected...Just pull the front and rear 7e-ring' secured plates off basically...

...Loosened the screw holding on the front knuckle which is UNDER the knuckle...A little free-er steering but more play (slop) too...hmm...needs to be shimmed?

...Rear lower arms need to be shimmed...Too much forward / back play in them...

...Fitting an xspeed tonight after changing the wires to 16G and the plug to deans...

...This car desperately needs some radials...

...8-cell being driven for the first time tonight...No BPU but what the hey ;)

...Wing is now raised in the rear...see if it makes a difference...

...My steering out of the box was slightly off...fixed with the propo setting but last night changed steering rods to TAMIYA adjustables...works great now with a little toe-in....recommended...it tracks straight like a train on rails :D

halfEIGHT
04-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Looking good BH! :cool: