PDA

View Full Version : 3R Countdown

BitHed
10-25-2005, 03:58 AM
...This coming Thursday, October 27, (Wednesday October 26 in the US), 3RACING will recieve their INTERNAL shipment of their ball diffs...They will fit them, test them and if they are happy with them, the diffs will go into production...THEN they will be sent to market; and thats US :D

plain_simple
10-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Also on a countdown here Bit ;)

mat3833
10-25-2005, 05:47 PM
when you get them if they are good i will look into getting a center one. i am in need of a center diff bad. keep us posted bit!

Matt

pimpsmurf
10-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I want one of each in blue. Can we pre-order? =)

-JNY

creation30
10-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Hey me want me want some 2!.....dun tink my stock gears can hold up any longer....hey Bithed pls keep us posted n if possible can U ship 2 Singapore? :D

BitHed
10-26-2005, 01:48 AM
...you guys think I should maybe go ahead and try to get a load of these in? I will ask 3R and see if they are willing to deal...If they ARE then we can talk about preorders...BTW paypal only ;)

Hammer
11-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Bit, any word from 3R? Just curious.

BitHed
11-04-2005, 10:44 PM
...ummm...YES but its slightly cryptic :o

...QUOTE: 'The ball different still not yet available.' END QUOTE...

...What i CAN make from this is that they have been OK'ed and they are on the production line...At a guess i would say some time in DECEMBER on store shelves...sorry for the half-assed answer...

Hammer
11-04-2005, 10:57 PM
...sorry for the half-assed answer...Nothing you can do other than ask 3R the question....their answer was less than definitive, to say the least. Thanks for the update, I'll stay tuned. ;)

Datrain
11-12-2005, 04:51 PM
why does everybody think the 3r diffs will be any better than Atomic's? what about ST diffs

pimpsmurf
11-12-2005, 06:54 PM
You mean, why do we *know* 3racing will be better?

Because everything 3Racing is better than Atomic.

The ST diffs are going to be nice, but probably a little heavier and they are plastic. It won't be quite as smoothe, but definately nice as far as ease of configurability.

-JNY

hkopium
11-14-2005, 12:18 PM

The ST diffs are going to be nice, but probably a little heavier and they are plastic. It won't be quite as smoothe, but definately nice as far as ease of configurability.

-JNY

For Mini Inferno, I agree with you that 3Racing hop-ups are much than ATM. I learn from painful and expensive way. :P

But for Mini-Z series, I really think ATM rules!

BitHed
11-15-2005, 02:38 AM

-JNY

...i have to agree with PimpSmurf on this one...RE: the H8...3R rules the roost...The ATOMIC parts just arent working as they should...The ST diffs WILL be good; they will change the gearing AND will be oil-adjustable...but I really think that in the end we will see equal 3R ball diffs and ST diffs...I just have this funny feeling that the 3R diffs will be almighty...

BiGRoB21
11-15-2005, 02:45 AM
meh... if the 3 racing diffs are anything like the mini-t ball diffs they wont be all that great.

BitHed
11-15-2005, 02:49 AM
..and THATS why 3R is taking SO long to QUOTE "get them right"...

pimpsmurf
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
The ST diffs change the gear ratio, Bithed? I did not know that! Please tell me they lowered it!

-JNY

BitHed
11-15-2005, 02:01 PM
...ok...its lower ;)

...The ST also comes with FULL bearings, the under-body cowl and lo and behold, STRONGER SPRINGS in the slipper and the servo-saver!! Oh and dont forget the X-SPEED HT: High Torque version :D You heard it here first...

Hawk
11-15-2005, 03:53 PM
From Kyosho America web site:http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Products/Half-8-ST-TF.asp

Mini Inferno ST Mini Inferno
Length: 270mm 260mm
Width: 215mm 173mm
Gear ratio: 12.6:1 10.8:1
Tire size: 74mmX36mm 64mmX25mm

:cool:

pimpsmurf
11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
That is hot! I'm assuming the center diff is where they are making the change, which will be great. You need to get your mits on some of those too! haha! That is going to make the hyperion scream!

The ST front and rear diffs are going to be 4 gear diffs too, which will take all sorts of load off of them and help them hold up the the torque. That is awsome, Plus the Hyperion already has too much top-speed for my 1:10 track.

Thanks Hawk and Bithead!

-JNY

BiGRoB21
11-15-2005, 06:24 PM
i want the sealed diffs..... i better be on the list for thoe bit! lol

mat3833
11-15-2005, 06:28 PM
pimpy, where did you get the hyperion again?? i am going to look into one of those.

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
B-p-p.com is my fix. Troy is just amazing to deal with. Can't spout enough b-p-p goodness.

You just missed a 10% off w/ free shipping sale. Sucks, cause $40 for a hyperion SHIPPED priority mail is freaking awsome. I was tempted to order an extra. haha

-JNY

neo
11-15-2005, 07:32 PM
I agree with you pimpsmurf. The price is awesome especially when compared to our stupid UK prices.

BitHed
11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
That is hot! I'm assuming the center diff is where they are making the change, which will be great. -JNY

...unfortunately the center isnt changing, rather the front and rear is where the changes take place...

pimpsmurf
11-15-2005, 08:57 PM
well, I guess it will keep the center RPMs higher, which definately sucks since they didn't upgrade the center diff. Especially since it seems to cause the most slipping problems. Anyway, I know Jeremy was running the new diffs at the 1:18 meet, but does anyone know if there is any modification required for installation? If it is a direct, clean swap, that is going to rock hardcore!

-JNY

BitHed
11-15-2005, 09:01 PM
...KYOSHO is working ona center one-way if that is any consolation...

...The ST diff is a direct drop in...same gear boxes / bilkheads...The ST diffs also have bigger (stronger?) outdrive cups...

Regan LeBlanc
11-16-2005, 12:00 AM
There is no new oil filled center diff from Kyosho as there is simply no room for a gear diff without changing alot of other parts as well. The ST front and rear are oil filled but they do not change anything with the gearing. Thats what Jeremy had and yes they are drop in. 30,000 grease will give you exactly the same effect if a bit messy.

St has upgraded outdrives but they failed just the same as the buggy ones. They just wont last under anything but the x-speed and 8 cell. Anything more and they won't last long.
Yet again someone posts that the center diff "seems to cause the slipping"
Yet again i will say gear diffs do not slip they only transfer power from one side to the other. IT"S THE SLIPPER SLIPPING!!!
The stronger spring on the ST will not help the slipper but Jeremy ran the truck servo saver spring in his buggy and that will make the steering more positive and concistant.

BitHed
11-16-2005, 12:10 AM
...ok so there go the outdrive cups :( Im glad i kept my 3R ones...Albeit i lost one of the weekend...

...Thanks for that RE: the springs Regan...I needed that info...

Hawk
11-16-2005, 12:34 AM
There is no new oil filled center diff from Kyosho as there is simply no room for a gear diff without changing alot of other parts as well. The ST front and rear are oil filled but they do not change anything with the gearing. Thats what Jeremy had and yes they are drop in. 30,000 grease will give you exactly the same effect if a bit messy.

St has upgraded outdrives but they failed just the same as the buggy ones. They just wont last under anything but the x-speed and 8 cell. Anything more and they won't last long.
Yet again someone posts that the center diff "seems to cause the slipping"
Yet again i will say gear diffs do not slip they only transfer power from one side to the other. IT"S THE SLIPPER SLIPPING!!!
The stronger spring on the ST will not help the slipper but Jeremy ran the truck servo saver spring in his buggy and that will make the steering more positive and concistant.
I was just talking with my son about this issue of things slipping, stripping and breaking and once again, somebody or two is complaining about how much it costs to make it bullet proof. If you keep it stock, I am sure it will last and do just fine. If you race it stock, it will probably take a little time off of the life of some of the more vulnerable parts. This is to be expected.

When you put a brushless motor/esc making, what, ten times the power and 3 times the rpm, you have just thrown things way out of balance. If you want things to last for more than a few feet, you have to adjust the other parts that sacrafice themselves to save you from yourself. I mean they break because they are over powered.

I didn't spend much time runing the H8 in stock form. I looked at it, decided that there were many pieces that needed to be balanced against the power available from the micro sized brushless and LiPo overamped power that most of us want to run. Do you realize that few race level nitro buggies are going to clock 45mph. Nobody thinks that is unreasonable with H8's with mamba, aon and mega amps.

I think it is incredible that they hold up at all. It is like taking John Forces blown nitro motor out and putting in Aunt Maes' buick skylark. Some thing is going to break.

I have reached a point now where I think that with some excellent parts that are here now, Eclipse chassis, many aluminum and titanium replacement parts, real shocks,springs and tires, it may be possible to build a balanaced high performance H8. I am betting on the ST because of the bigger tires will tend to stablize and absorb some of the shocks that the suspension can't handle. The real diffs will help too.

I think the stocker with one or to little mods is a fun toy. Those of us that don't know when to stop with their toys have a great start now too and this has been fun so far.
So :D

BitHed
11-16-2005, 12:41 AM
...Hawk you and i are alike...There is almost NOTHING stock on my car now...I am aiming for bombproof...my ST WILL be bombproof...I am so close to it right now...And with your help and advice I can get it done...

...STiffy changes the whole game plan mate...Its brilliant...WAY too brilliant to be something that i would of thought of...If i saw it I would buy it...Maybe 3R will make them for me ;)

...True...I agree...You change one thing and something else changes...The H8 stock is a FANTASTIC car...We all know how strong and hardcore it is...It just takes the 'Crazy Few' to push the envelope ;)

...3R KNOWS the brilliance of the H8 and does theuir best to make it better...I honestly feel that THAT is first and economics are second...Call me naiive if you want to :o

pointcrossed
11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
I read almost all the threads, I know the stock diffs are not that great and I am waiting like everyone to get the 3 Racing diffs. I want those diffs bad, my H8 is in peices waiting on those diffs. If you are able to get those BitHed, I would like to order them from you. Thanks in advance...