PDA

View Full Version : advice really needed...

creation30
10-25-2005, 03:07 AM
My H8 rear left wheel seems 2 b slipping when the rest of the wheels are spinning normal. Its like the wheel is independent on its own. There is no biting or engagement with the rest of the wheels. When i used my hand 2 spin it, it rotates but not together with the rest of the other 3 wheels. Does any1 here know y? :confused: :confused: I have checked the gear and the gears r ok....

BitHed
10-25-2005, 03:16 AM
...hmm...threaded drive cup? cooked pinion? Disappearing hex? Clogged bearing? Nut not doing what it should? No nipples on dogbones? Too much mashed potato? Dont know...

...Pull everything, check it for damaged teeth...take two shots of tequila and get back to me in the morning ;)

creation30
10-25-2005, 07:22 AM
yeah Bithed, will do as said....oh tink i will need some aspirins 2 go with me tequila.....hope i can find the problem.... :confused:

WeatherB
10-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Cars with 3 diffs do some weird things...

You can test that one tire by holding the other three and giving it a bit of throttle. Should spin up nice and fast.

k_bojar
10-25-2005, 01:33 PM
or the most simplest thing - check to make sure there is that little pin sitting behind the wheel hex...it may have fallen out

I know I've run into this problem a few times and its annoying as hell, especially when you don't know how you lost it or are pitting in grass :mad: :mad: :mad:

mat3833
10-25-2005, 04:55 PM
if you loose one take a paperclip and cut it to length. it works like a charm. oh and use the big paperclips not the mini ones.

Matt

DrVonHoSS
10-25-2005, 07:50 PM
if you loose one take a paperclip and cut it to length. it works like a charm. oh and use the big paperclips not the mini ones.

Matt

Im sure you lost the pin and Matts advice is perfect!

mat3833
10-25-2005, 08:31 PM
DrVonHoSS thanks! i had my mini t loose one. the tire spun off the rim and the nut came off the axel. i had a rim going strait, a tire going up and a mini t w/ my mamba and lipo heading towards a storm drain!! it was realy scary. in the end with my expert driving skill (smileys not working?? but insert wink) i pined the throttle, the car swung around and headed away from the drain. i put the pin in and it handeled a mamba 8000 on 3cell lipo so it should do fine.

Matt

creation30
10-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey guys lol...i did a diagnostic n guess wad....i realised dat with my incredible human strength, I had over- tightened the wheel accidentally, so the wheel shaft actually got caught or stuck on the rear arm knuckle, or u would call it binding. dat is y when i spin the rest of the three wheels, dat poor little 1 was unable 2 spin freely... :D sorry my mistake.

Anyway thks for the wisely help. really appreciated. i guess on the other hand if the wheel was not tightened in enough, the wheel will also spin, but at the same time it will not sit securely onto the hex nut, thus causing the nut 2 come loose n loosing the pin in the end. point noted. thks again guys. u ppl r great. :p

BitHed
10-26-2005, 01:22 AM
...glad we got you sorted Creation...

...Nice mod Matt...(Mental note to self; paper clips in the pit box ;))

...No fear about doing silly things...My debut at the track on Sunday and I had 'mistakenly' put NON-binding nuts on the front wheels...end of the second straight and the right front flew off, and took off with a nice McTwist over the boundary, narrowly missing the nitro boys (who were actually) havine a BBQ :mad: needless to say the AON 10-cell MinFerno had their attention after that ;) Moral of the story is we all make mistakes...No big deal...

...Creation what tequila did you choose? :cool:

Hawk
10-26-2005, 03:55 AM
Don Julio anejo of course. :cool:

BitHed
10-26-2005, 04:01 AM
...YUMMY!!! Does that have a worm in it? Two of my most EXCITING, (and physically disabiling) experiments involved 'eating the worm' and 'eating' the coffee grounds out of an Indonesian coffee mill :o

...did you know that after 72 hours of sleeplessness that the walls ACTUALLY begin to talk to you? its TRUE... :o

creation30
10-28-2005, 03:29 AM
hmm....thks Bithed for the encouragment...tequila? had none...but got me some beer at nearby 7-11, was really refreshing!!!! yeah :D n dats wad got me brain clear up n realised my silly mistake....hmmm....didnt knw beer helps 2....

BitHed
10-28-2005, 04:25 AM
...oh yeah...beer helps you meet people, and it helps you get into all sorts of trouble when you start screaming at the top of your voice... :o

...EDIT: This was edited because Hawk couldnt handle the TRUTH :p

Hawk
10-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Too Much Information!!

plain_simple
10-29-2005, 08:39 PM
ahahahahahah thats the Bit i know! lmao
So i guess you had a tremendous time at that track hey?! :D

pimpsmurf
10-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I don't have such a problem with screaming, just looking at girls too long... when I'm with my girlfriend, and the girls I'm looking at are standing in-between two very large men in muscle shirts... I'm seriously glad I ran crosscountry in high-school. :D

-JNY

plain_simple
10-30-2005, 11:09 AM
just make sure that beside the muscle they arent cross-country athlets also... eheheheheheh :D

BitHed
10-30-2005, 11:49 PM
...hahaha...weird...I ran track in the summer and xcountry in winter...Guess thats what all us 'bullied-in-primary' school kids do when we get to high school ;)