PDA

View Full Version : Mamba 25 set-up

creation30
10-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Hi guys,

I have another problem at hand :confused: I just got the mamba 25 esc. I tried 2 do a prelim calibration for the esc following the manual, but it dosen't seems to work. The LEDs dun seem to beep n blink as accordingly. It seems like its not calibrated to my original stock Tx. I also notice when turn it on, with full throttle forward, the red LED is on, when reverse, the green LED is on. Please help. I dun seems able 2 figure out why and how to. :confused:

janniz
10-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I also notice when turn it on, with full throttle forward, the red LED is on, when reverse, the green LED is on.
Try to set the throttle to "servo reverse" (on your transmitter) and do the basic mamba-setup again. If your motor now runs backwards if you want to go forward, switch any two of the motor wires.

What kind of TX you are using?

WeatherB
10-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Yup, reverse your throttle channel. I had the same problem.

creation30
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Hmmm....wad do u mean by reversing the servo? The manual only instruct 2 calibrate with the Tx. throttle being forward & reverse direction. Oh I'm using the original stock Tx., which is the kyosho one. Oh and wad does it mean by braking (I noticed it was mention in the manual too).

WeatherB
10-23-2005, 05:29 PM
The kyosho transmitter has two small dip switches at the top, one is for throttle reverse and the other for steering reversing. You want to trigger the throttle reverse switch, then calibrate the Mamba.

Braking means giving it full reverse.

creation30
10-24-2005, 02:26 AM
WeatherB,

Hey man, thks alot for ur help, really appreciate alot. U sure know alot, wow. So u mean i need 2 trigger the throttle 2 reverse mode & then follow paragraph 3.1 in the mamba manual for initial calibration of Tx? Then how about the latter part of the esc settings programming? Do I need to follow the same sequence again? I'm so stupid in this stuff.... :confused:

WeatherB
10-24-2005, 02:44 AM
No problem, I learnt it all from experience when trying to setup my mamba.

You want to flip the throttle reverse switch then follow the calibration instructions.

To the best of my knowledge you need to:

1. Unplug the mamba from the battery and put the switch to off
2. Plug in the mamba to your battery, it'll beep three times
3. Hold full throttle on your radio and turn on the mamba switch (still holding full throttle)
4. Mamba will flash green
5. Then it'll flash red
6. Hold full reverse on your transmitter
7. Mamba will flash yellow
8. Put transmitter into neutal position

I think that's how it was.

creation30
10-24-2005, 03:24 AM
WeatherB,

Hey thks once again for the prompt help...i will try ur instruction n test it out 2 c if works. will let know the outcome. hey if I'm ever in ur neighborhood, would love 2 buy ya cuppa tea n play cars.... :D

shit...i live in Singapore, guess its pretty far from where u r.... :(

WeatherB
10-24-2005, 11:31 AM
hehe... Let me know if it works. If not, I'll whip out my manual and confirm the instructions.

creation30
10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
hmm..i tried it seems 2 work this time..... :) btw WeatherB, i noticed that when full throttle it turns green, when neutral its yellow and red when reverse. Is this correct?

But now i hv another problem.... :confused: my rear left wheel seems 2 b slipping? Its not moving together with the other 3 wheel during my check. y is this so? I hv checked the gears and center shafts, dey seems fine. Just cant figure out y...Sigh..i guess problem after problem really puts the challenge 2 it...cant wait for the day when my H8 is flawless n running fine...... :(