PDA

View Full Version : Team Tekin Rage Brushless......

fasteddie
10-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi -it's time for me to go brushless with my Half8 :D :eek: and since the new rage is now out, I was wondering has anyone tried it!? if so which version should I go for?

I'm looking to run my brushless on 8 cells, I am particually interested in the rage as it's a direct fit, and you can keep the funny little fake heatsink :cool:

Answers on a postcard please...... :) (or on here if it's easier!)

thedoc329
10-20-2005, 03:25 AM
i personally saw one run today on an indoor offroad track, it was the tekin 8000 with an 8 cell cheapo pack, the thing was faaaast! but not overdone, it just did what u wanted it to, point and shoot! and it was the first run on this system, no adj. were even made on the esc yet

BitHed
10-20-2005, 04:11 AM
...FastEddie mate you grab one and do a review for us!!

k_bojar
10-23-2005, 09:40 PM
I'll give you guys a nice review after the ECC...I got mine the other day...

Man, set-up is beyond easy...Calibration is simple...No clogging - even just pulling the trigger back and forth...

it is a SWEET UNIT...I'm glad to took tekin a while to get it out...they took care of all the issues :)

DrVonHoSS
10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll give you guys a nice review after the ECC...I got mine the other day...

Man, set-up is beyond easy...Calibration is simple...No clogging - even just pulling the trigger back and forth...

it is a SWEET UNIT...I'm glad to took tekin a while to get it out...they took care of all the issues :)

Dont even tell me I'm gonna have to dump my AON4900/Mamba combo for a Tekin! Any thoughts on how it compares?

BitHed
10-24-2005, 01:02 AM
...is this unit the ESC and the motor or just the ESC :confused:

BiGRoB21
10-24-2005, 02:25 AM
dont dump the AON motor. as the motors that come with the mini rage are the same as the mamba motors and are going to over heat. just get the esc if you are going to change

BitHed
10-24-2005, 04:19 AM
...Do they do JUST the ESC? Do we have a price for it?

fasteddie
10-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't know the rage motor was the same as the mamba. :confused: A bit worried about it getting hot now.....

I could do a review (if I decide to go for it) but wouldn't have anything to compare it too - what's it like compare to the AON?

Bithead, I think Tower just list the ESC..... can't remember how much though......

Keep the comments comming.... :)

msnow2475
10-24-2005, 12:06 PM
BUY IT! Mine came in Friday and was on the track Saturday. I am running it in the Inferno with 6 cells and went with the 6.8 motor. Perfect! The only upgrade to the drive train was a fiber washer I put between the metal washer and the smaller slipper gear. I found the washers at work and they look and feel like they are made of the same stuff as the larger 1/10 slipper pads. It has the perfect amount of slippage. I let a few of the guys run it who have been running the mambas. They were all impressed, there was no cogging and set-up is very easy. I plan on making an 8 cell and I'll let you know how that works. They do offer everything individually. Check Tower for the prices.

Matt

k_bojar
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Dont even tell me I'm gonna have to dump my AON4900/Mamba combo for a Tekin! Any thoughts on how it compares?

I wouldn't dump the AON motor...but the Mambo controller - say "bye-bye" :eek:

the rage's esc is beyond easy to calibrate and make changes to the settings....it took me less that 2 minutes to calibrate my speedo to my radio - and that was WITH reading the instructions...

Tekin did their homework - and the "clogging" is just about non-existent...i sat there and revved and stopped, revved and stopped - and experienced ZERO clogging...I tried this with the castle controller and had issues upon issues...I can full throttle the motor - hit the brake - then go in reverese (after the delay) - this was something that I couldn't get the mambo controller to conisistently do

like I said on one18th.com, the programming on this speedo is soo easy, it should be a crime....This weekend will be the real test :D

mat3833
10-24-2005, 06:14 PM
wow, maby i should sell my mamba 25 and get the tekin one... nah that would cost money and i lke my mamba, its green!

Matt

k_bojar
10-24-2005, 08:41 PM
wow, maby i should sell my mamba 25 and get the tekin one... nah that would cost money and i lke my mamba, its green!

Matt

the rage is a SWEET black color :) with lots of pretty red LEDs :D

mat3833
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
lol, we all like colorful things! but i think i will keep my mamba for a long time.

Matt

BLACKSHEEP RACING
10-31-2005, 12:17 PM
k bojar - any updates on the Tekin system? I'm planning on going the brushless route soon. I trying to figure out if I should go with the complete Tekin ESC/motor set-up, or the Tekin ESC with the Aon, or ???

k_bojar
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM
k bojar - any updates on the Tekin system? I'm planning on going the brushless route soon. I trying to figure out if I should go with the complete Tekin ESC/motor set-up, or the Tekin ESC with the Aon, or ???

its a sweet, sweet little esc....All sponsorships aside, I'd buy one in a heart beat...we had 3 in the "A" for Sunday's Open Half8 class (chris proctor, myself and Pottbelly - using a rent-a-esc)...all three performed flawlessly...Oodles upon oodles of power - no clogging, no reprogramming required (at least for me the entire weekend - not sure about Chris)...Worked great with the AON motor (ran one for friday practice and 2 of my 3 qualifers on saturday)

I can't even begin to think of how to sing the praises of the Rage...When I get a chance at work today, I'll try to write up a little review so-to-speak...

But if anyone has ANY questions, please email me (kaybo19114@gmail.com) and I will tell you whatever you want to know...I am on a PC (normally) from 8:30am until around 5:45pm EST...so if you email me, I will get back to you in a respectable amount of time...

I am still floored at the performance of the esc - the ease of setting it up

:)

fanke19
11-01-2005, 04:17 PM
...All sponsorships aside, I'd buy one in a heart beat...Ok, where am I buying this from? About an hour ago, I was ready to place an order for the AON / Castle combo...then my buddy Blacksheep told me to look up this new Tekin setup. Phew...that was close. I'm ready with money now, please let me know asap.

k_bojar
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Ok, where am I buying this from? About an hour ago, I was ready to place an order for the AON / Castle combo...then my buddy Blacksheep told me to look up this new Tekin setup. Phew...that was close. I'm ready with money now, please let me know asap.

from what I've seen, most of your retailers should have them...I know tower, stormer hobbies do and I'm sure they are all over...

Please note, if you want a 4900 AON motor and a rage, you need to buy them separately...Currently the Rages are only available with a 280-sized motor (5.4kv, 6.8kv, and 8.0kv)...

mat3833
11-01-2005, 04:52 PM
hey how much are they?? is it worth selling my mamba 25? i am having major glitching problems with my mamba, have you heard of any glitching stories yet?

Matt

k_bojar
11-01-2005, 05:00 PM
hey how much are they?? is it worth selling my mamba 25? i am having major glitching problems with my mamba, have you heard of any glitching stories yet?

Matt

not from the few people I know using them...I know I didn't have any issues in the realm, but then again, I use DSM in my cars...One of my buddies that was using a borrowed rage, didn't have any glitching issues either...it probably has something to do with the rage having a case, I dunno (no electronics degree ;) :) )

Mini Rage ESC (old pic) - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKYN7&P=7

Mini Rage 5400 Combo - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKYN8&P=7

Mini Rage 6800 Combo - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKYN9&P=7

Mini Rage 8000 Combo - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKYP0&P=7

mat3833
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
90.00! holy crap... well i wont be getting one any time soon. you have an email from me also, it has the same questions in it along with some programing ones. if you would reply to it with the programing info that would be great. thanks.

Matt

k_bojar
11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
90.00! holy crap... well i wont be getting one any time soon. you have an email from me also, it has the same questions in it along with some programing ones. if you would reply to it with the programing info that would be great. thanks.

Matt

on its way back :)

unfortunately I can't do anything about the price...the castle one is $75 by itself....I'd expect to see the rage's price drop a little bit...it should be in the same ballpark as the CC controller - probably a few bucks more

but actually, if you think about it...you need to factor in another $22 for the link so you can program it easily or as easily as the rage...

thedoc329
11-01-2005, 05:25 PM
its a sweet, sweet little esc....All sponsorships aside, I'd buy one in a heart beat...we had 3 in the "A" for Sunday's Open Half8 class (chris proctor, myself and Pottbelly - using a rent-a-esc)...all three performed flawlessly...Oodles upon oodles of power - no clogging, no reprogramming required (at least for me the entire weekend - not sure about Chris)...Worked great with the AON motor (ran one for friday practice and 2 of my 3 qualifers on saturday)

I can't even begin to think of how to sing the praises of the Rage...When I get a chance at work today, I'll try to write up a little review so-to-speak...

But if anyone has ANY questions, please email me (kaybo19114@gmail.com) and I will tell you whatever you want to know...I am on a PC (normally) from 8:30am until around 5:45pm EST...so if you email me, I will get back to you in a respectable amount of time...

I am still floored at the performance of the esc - the ease of setting it up

:)
k-bojar, chris here, i had good luck all weekend except casing/flatlanding that double/triple jump played havok on my motors, because the motor is suspended, the impact of landing on damn near concrete dirt would shift the can down slowly till it had a lag in it, that was with the aon 4900, i then put in the 6.8 tekin motor, shimmed it up in the rear and made out good like that, the aon guy gave me another motor, but i wasnt gonna change it out seeing that the 6.8 tekin was holding up well. the aon was good up until that point, but landing THAT hard, anything would come apart! the 6.8 held up good, got a little warm, but overall, i was happy with the whole system

k_bojar
11-01-2005, 05:34 PM
k-bojar, chris here, i had good luck all weekend except casing/flatlanding that double/triple jump played havok on my motors, because the motor is suspended, the impact of landing on damn near concrete dirt would shift the can down slowly till it had a lag in it, that was with the aon 4900, i then put in the 6.8 tekin motor, shimmed it up in the rear and made out good like that, the aon guy gave me another motor, but i wasnt gonna change it out seeing that the 6.8 tekin was holding up well. the aon was good up until that point, but landing THAT hard, anything would come apart! the 6.8 held up good, got a little warm, but overall, i was happy with the whole system

same here :) I mean the motor moving thing...I didn't have any lag all weekend - with either motor...I kept having the motor move on bad crashes, but I guess the moral to that is - don't crash :)

I think I mangled 3 spur gears over the weekend because of those damn hard landings...and the heat of the motor and chassis...I got a couple of ideas in mind, just need to get a spare chassis to play with...

Drew ended up mounting a fan to the side and pointed it right at the motor...I think that helped him some...

mat3833
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
you got mail again. also how hot are your motors getting?? my 5400 mamba is getting realy hot!! do the motors rum cooler w/ the tekin?? srry for all the questions but i am realy interested in the tekin system.

Matt

k_bojar
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
you got mail again. also how hot are your motors getting?? my 5400 mamba is getting realy hot!! do the motors rum cooler w/ the tekin?? srry for all the questions but i am realy interested in the tekin system.

Matt

nah...i don't think so...the controllers really have very little to do with how cool (or not so cool) a motor runs...that at least is the same between brushed and brushless...

the more RPM the motor turns the hotter it gets...there is a calculation to figure out how many RPMs your motor is turning:

Motor Kv * Battery pack voltage = Peak RPM

so if you do you 5400 motor with an 8-cell pack, you get 51,840 RPM!!! so you get the picture...lots of heat comes from that...

the other thing you might want to try is changing the gearing...you may be undergeared or overgeared, BOTH will make your motor very, very hot...

mat3833
11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
yea im kinda over geared. im 13 tooth. i havent been able to get a 11 tooth yet. thanks again. i wil be looking into the ESC.

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
higher internal resistance would make the motor run cooler, much slower, but cooler. :)

-JNY

mat3833
11-01-2005, 09:33 PM
lol. thanks i always wondered what IR did.

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
yeah, and an interesting tidbit. The difference between .005 and .003 on a 11.1v system is about a 66% increase in EMF (electro magnetic force aka amp turns), which amounts to about 66% increased torque and a higher top speed... Pretty important numbers. :)

-JNY

mat3833
11-02-2005, 12:31 AM
WTF!! thats alot of loss..... holy crap.

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-02-2005, 01:51 AM
ohm's law is:

Voltage = Resistance * current

If resistance is cut in half, current doubles at the same voltage.

Now, batteries, electronics, motors, wire etc all have a certain internal resistance. The lower the better. Which is why people recommend larger wire on battery packs. Even though it makes such a tiny difference, the .0001s add up. :)

-JNY

mat3833
11-02-2005, 10:18 PM
ok i get it. now i want to run 12 ga on all my stuff :( y did you say that?? now i have to spend more $ :D lol. deans wet noodle wire is great but expensive. now if i could shortenall my wires.... i need a new solder tip, some solder, heatshrink...wow that adds up. well i will wait until i get my electronics set where i want them to shorten all the stuff.

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Wires don't make that much of a huge difference. your talking about adding small fractions of 1 mph onto your top speed. Just don't have far too much wire, don't coil your wires (cause that makes EMF and EMF causes resistance), and don't use wire that is too small (read: will heat up under load)

16ga is more than enough for a 3 cell lipo, and I've been lead to believe 18ga is enough for a 8 cell NMHd pack. I got 16ga on my packs just so it matches the mamba ESC. 12ga is just silly! =)
-JNY

mat3833
11-02-2005, 10:26 PM
lol i had some cogging problems with my mini t so i went to 12 ga all around and it stopped. i am having glitching problems with my H8 right now and i am scared to drive it... i am going to get a new receiver mine was beaten by a nitro stadium truck for about 30 races.....

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-02-2005, 11:08 PM
What wire were you using before? What motor, ESC, and batteries?

-JNY

mat3833
11-02-2005, 11:28 PM
wire was 16 ga on a 3cell lipo. the lipo was from kokam. i was using a mamba 8000 system. the mini t is gone and i am working on the H8. i am looking at these receivers: http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_antweights.html or the GWS 75mhz one. i cant decide. what would you sugest for a 75mhz FM system. thanks

Matt

pimpsmurf
11-03-2005, 12:16 AM
FM is better than AM. There is slightly shorter ranger, but much better reception, and the range is already sort of unusable anyway with these little things.

I use AM because I'm going to use my kyosho TX (maybe my MZM TX).

I'll probably get a Spectrum DSM later, but I'm going to wait on that for a while, and won't change to FM in the meantime. If you have a FM TX, use it instead as long as it has all the electric options. If you are going to use the stock TX, get the novak AM 27, or the futaba 3channel (which is smaller and cheaper I've read.)

-JNY

fanke19
11-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I just dropped a bomb on my bank account...

AON Brushless Motor T2415-4900
Tekin Mini Rage Brushless ESC w/ High Performance Brushless Motor
Blue Alum King pin (4pcs) 3racing
Blue Alum Rear Shock Tower 3racing
Blue Alum Front Shock Tower 3racing
RC18T Alum Motor Heatsink 3racing
Blue Alum Motor Mount 3racing
Blue Alum Front Steering Knuckles 3racing
Titanium Diff Joint (2pcs) 3racing
Pro-Line Crowd Pleazer Body Mini Inferno
Hitec HS-85MG Metal Gear Micro BB HS/HT Servo J

The Tekin Mini Rage Brushless ESC itself was out of stock, so I went with the full kit, and I'm going to try the Tekin motor first. Then I'll try the AON motor, and do a little shootout...see what I can figure out. I'll use the local r/c hobby stores track to do a comparison with transponder so that I can get accurate average lap info. I also picked up a new Spektrum radio system...so that will be the receiver in the car.

This should be fun.

pimpsmurf
11-03-2005, 06:28 PM
That is hella nice. I wish I had that radio system! haha!
Let us know about the Tekin. I'll bet it's mamba-ish with lowish torque and high KV. I'm certian the Aon will be impressive. That will be my next motor, and I might go ahead and get the tekin sometime. I don't know about the programability. I haven't read anything other than "It's really easy." What about versatility?

This is what I've dropped in the past 2-3 weeks. Just got in most of the alloy today! hurray!

Castle Creations mamba Comp package w/ heatsink and associated pinions
Hyperion Yc22 6000kv motor (b-p-p.com)
2x UnitedRC Xtreme 42s packs

Blue Chassis Brace Stiffener by 3racing
Titanium Hinge Suspension pins by 3racing 1
Blue Aluminum King pin (4pcs) 3racing
Half 8 Titanium Torque Rods F / R 3racing
64 Titanium Slipper Gear Shaft by 3racing
Half 8 Blue Rear Anti Roll Bar 3racing
Half 8 Blue Front Anti Roll Bar 3racing
Half 8 3mmTurnbuckle Wrench by 3racing
Half 8 Hub bearing set by 3racing 8 pcs
Half 8 heavy Duty Titanium Center Shafts (GPM! CRAP! :( )
Alum Front Steering Knuckle blocks 3racing
Aluminum C hub 22 deg hubs 3racing
Aluminum Rear Shock Tower 3racing
Aluminum Front Shock Tower 3racing
Blue Aluminum Motor Mount 3racing
Aluminum Wing Mount Blue by 3racing
Aluminum C hub 20 deg hubs 3racing
Front and Rear Swing Shaft Set 3racing
Blue Wheel Hub Adaptors ( 4 Pcs) 3racing
Blue Aluminum Front Upper Mount 3racing
Wheel Hub Adaptor Pins by 3racing
Titanium turnbuckle set by 3racing 8 pcs
Sato HD servo saver spring
HPI Pirelli Rally tires (4x soft, 4x hard) w/ proform rounded (4x soft and hard) foams on HPI Gumby rims...

*EDIT* Almost forgot the:
Novak XXL AM 27mhz reciever
Hitec HS85MG servo
Crowdpleaser body
Kyosho square peg wheels
3mm Flat head/countersunk washers
Dynamite Vision Peak Ultra charger
front and center diff replacements from kyosho (extras)
HPI Micro RS4 12/13 tooth pinions

Still waiting on:
12mm hub adaptors from 3racing
3 degrees of rear suspension holders
3racings servo saver w/ titanium shafts
3racing ball ends

Then of course, the $165 I spent on the buggy with kyosho oil shocks and 8cell kyosho battery (which is crap)

Now that was a bomb. :eek:

-JNY

k_bojar
11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
That is hella nice. I wish I had that radio system! haha!
Let us know about the Tekin. I'll bet it's mamba-ish with lowish torque and high KV.

What did you want to know about the Tekin system???

I ran the 6.8kv system all weekend and have plenty of torque and top-end...Yeah, the AON had more bottom end, but its a different motor, its meant to be torquey

but to tell you the truth, the aon and tekin motor seemed to have the same front straight speed - the AON was just better getting me over the jumps when i was coming from a standstill or low speed...maybe it was the way I was gearing it, but I didn't see or feel much of a straight-away difference between the 2 motors...

Pimp - remember, the mamba and tekin use the same motors...the biggest (and most important) difference is in the controller...the Tekin's is way easier to use and (at least to me) much cleaner, much crisper more snap than the mamba...

and I didn't have my Rage dialed to the moon either, I was only at level 4 (or 5) in my throttle profile..I know a few mamba guys had theirs dialed all the way up...

k_bojar
11-03-2005, 07:45 PM
here are the setting I ran in my rage over the weekend...this was in a Half8 with a 8-cell GP1100 pack - Heats were 5 minutes in length...

I was running a 6.8KV and a AON 4900 (switched during qualifying, but ran the Tekin in the mains)...Ran a 11-13 tooth pinions - but stuck with a metal 11T HPI pinion

Here are the settings as I remember them:

Drag Brake - at default position (LED 1 lit)
Reverse/Brake Strength - Default (LED 3&4 lit)
Timing Advance - believe I left this at default (LED 2&3 lit), I may have went up 1 level
Brake/Reverse Type - default (LED 1 lit) Forward-to-Brake-to-Reverse (after a pause) (this is default)
Voltage Cut-off - since I was using NIMH I set it to none (LED 1 lit) (which is default)
Throttle Profile - this I changed. Default is LED 1&2 lit, I was at either level 3 (LED 1-2-3 lit) or Level 4 (LED 1-2-3-4 lit), may have even tried level 5 (LED 1-2-3-4-5 lit)
Brake Profile - can't remember, don't think I changed it from default (LED 1&2 lit), but could have went up a level or 2 (LED pattern the same as the throttle profile)

Piece of cake to set-up and understand...the more LEDs on, the higher the profile...There are 7 settings for throttle and brake profiles. 5 for voltage cut-offs, 3 for Brake/Reverse

I'm still working on writing up a little review for you all...work has just been getting in the way...I wanna do this so all the info is in 1 post, instead of spread out like I'm going now ;):)

BitHed
11-04-2005, 06:36 AM
...so BASICALLY, in a nut-shell, the TEKIN esc is easier to use and slightly 'better' (VERY relative i know) than the MAMBA 25 esc?

k_bojar
11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
...so BASICALLY, in a nut-shell, the TEKIN esc is easier to use and slightly 'better' (VERY relative i know) than the MAMBA 25 esc?

in my opinion, its night and day ahead of the mamba controller...I've run both - had problems out the waazoo with the castle, had ZERO, 0 problems with the tekin....

danylo80
11-16-2005, 09:50 AM
So, Mamba 8000 (X Package) vs. Tekin 8000 (Extreme System):

are Top Speed, Warming and Size Motor similar?

:-)

pointcrossed
11-16-2005, 11:06 AM
I ordered the Tekin 8000KV system on monday, Is this good or overkill? Why is everyone using a different motor than the one that comes with the ESC? I am thinking that the motor is fast and efficient so why do I need another?

k_bojar
11-16-2005, 01:08 PM
So, Mamba 8000 (X Package) vs. Tekin 8000 (Extreme System):

are Top Speed, Warming and Size Motor similar?

:-)

ok...everything with the motor will be identical...so whatever the conditions are for the Mamba motor will be the same for the Tekin motor (both are the same motors)

Top speed will vary based on esc programming, battery voltage, etc...but they should be in the same ballpark

k_bojar
11-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I ordered the Tekin 8000KV system on monday, Is this good or overkill? Why is everyone using a different motor than the one that comes with the ESC? I am thinking that the motor is fast and efficient so why do I need another?

as far as it being overkill...it will depend on what you are using it in...If you're planning on using that motor in a Half8, then yeah, it will be overkill...not that you won't get outrageous top-end, you might find it lacking on the bottom (grunt/torque) especially if you are racing the half8

what do you mean, "why is everyone using a sdifferent motor than the one that comes with the esc"?? I'm using the 6800 motor that came with my rage system...BUT, I also have a AON4900 motor that I will swap in every once and a while...People swap motors for different kind of performance...

for a buggy like the Half8, you need something that has torque as well as top end, and the lower kv motors seem to have more torque (which you need to get over jumps and the like)...Right now, the AON motor is the torque-ish out there, I know some people have talked about a couple other companies motors, but I can only speak about the AON and Tekin motor since they're all I tried...

The motors in the BL world are no different than the motors in the brushed-world, sometimes a different motor is needed for different track conditions...Look at the guys running an "open mod" class...Some days they may run a 15x2 because the track isn't that open (tight), so running a bigger motor (8,9,10) won't be effective for them...This isn't like running in a 27T (Stock) class - where its one motor fits all tracks...a BL motor is a MOD motor in all sense of the term, you just don't rate them by the number of winds and turns

make sense?? :D :confused:

pimpsmurf
11-16-2005, 04:17 PM
the hyperion at b-p-p is a fantastic motor also. more top speed than the aon with plenty enough torque for HUGE jumps and great accelleration.

-JNY

fanke19
11-21-2005, 08:50 PM
So, here are some overdue assembled shots ( click for larger images )

http://www.f19motorsports.com/F19Minferno/F19Minferno-013S.jpg (http://www.f19motorsports.com/F19Minferno/F19Minferno-013L.jpg) http://www.f19motorsports.com/F19Minferno/F19Minferno-014S.jpg (http://www.f19motorsports.com/F19Minferno/F19Minferno-014L.jpg)

I've driven it only once since the conversion, and on that particular day, I was still getting spanked ( top end speed run onroad ) by a mostly stock Associated RC18T. Kinda makes you feel silly after dumping a couple hundred bucks. But then again, I know that RC18T will be in the dust on a dirt jump filled track. That's the only thing that keeps me from feeling bad.

Scooter Tekin
12-13-2005, 04:37 PM
If you need any help with a Tekin Mini Rage I would happy to try and help you if I can.
Scooter
Team Tekin, Sales and Team MAnager

mat3833
12-13-2005, 08:25 PM
can the tekin be updated like the mamba?

Matt

k_bojar
12-14-2005, 12:48 AM
can the tekin be updated like the mamba?

Matt

Matt, last I talked with Tekin that was something planned to be done...I don't remember if a time frame was given, but I'm sure its something the "mad engineers" at Tekin are working on :D

mat3833
12-14-2005, 01:02 AM
lol, i just ran my mamba again and i love it!! the new software stopped the cogging and that led to lower temps, now i am happy for the moment with the 5400.

Matt

pimpsmurf
12-14-2005, 08:01 PM
Missed this... whoops...

"Pimp - remember, the mamba and tekin use the same motors..."

Didn't know that

"the biggest (and most important) difference is in the controller...the Tekin's is way easier to use and (at least to me) much cleaner, much crisper more snap than the mamba..."

easier to use if you stick program, which I hope to god no one does. If you don't have a link cable, you can't update your mamba, and brush motors are probably going to be smoother than a stock mamba ESC will allow.

I'm still on the mamba motors suck (for the H8) bandwagon, and would like to see more information on the Tekin/Aon/Hyperion performance. Especially my beloved Hyperion.

-JNY

Trickpatrick
12-16-2005, 04:10 AM
I did the Mamba shuffle and it danced right over to ebay :mad:

IMHO if you need a link and laptop then it should come with.

Without a big write up I can say that the Tekin ESc with factory setup.
And a Hacker 4900. Using Li-pos in my case 3cell.

Is flat out incredible. More torque and speed than you could ever need on a track. Flawless power, control and real throttle curve.

Now I need.. the pitbull and seal'd diff's. Oh yeh I order'd them, hint, hint, Bit.

pointcrossed
12-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Finally Recived my Tekin brushless system, now the circle is complete, :D or is it?????

The Tekin ESC is great if you just get the ESC.

I recived the Extreme system with the 8000kv motor, put the pinion on spun the pinion gear, wait a minute,,,whats that wobble :confused: ???

Shaft is too small for the pinion so time for some new pinions... :o