PDA

View Full Version : How to test batteries

dark_wing
10-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I have seen the tested cells from team akira and I think :rolleyes: it would be usefull if someone says how to test batteries. I want to know because I have ordered 24 GP 1100 cells to do three packs and I would want to do 2 best packs and the other with the worst of the cells (although it would run well too). Well, I think it could be interesting. To test, the batteries must be charged or discharged? Thanks for your help.

mOOsE
10-16-2005, 08:42 PM
you can cycle them but unless you have the propper matching equip you can't tell. If your charger has a cycle function, disharge your batteries and measure voltage of each cell. Get them all the same voltage (close) and then charge them at the same rate. If your charger displayes Mah, great, if not, then time how long it takes for each cell to peak out. After they peak, discharge them at the same rate and time how long they take to discharge. this process is not full proof as your charger can false-peak, temps can be different...you get the idea. and just to give you a heads up, GP matches their cells before they get a GP label so you can count on good cells in any configuration

dark_wing
10-17-2005, 04:55 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer. I think I can do that, because I have a Simprop Intelli-Control V3 charger (supernova 250 is a clone of it I think) on the way

mOOsE
10-17-2005, 06:23 AM
awsome, then you should be set.