PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho vs 3racing Spring Comparison

Hammer
10-16-2005, 12:50 AM
I have both the Kyosho and the 3racing spring sets and thought I’d compare the two. ;)

The Kyosho springs compress more and have a better finish, they also cost twice as much. :( Here's is a pic comparing the soft front springs. The Kyosho’s are on the right and compress about 5mm more than the 3racing springs, they are obviously the same length before compression.

mat3833
10-16-2005, 01:21 AM
thanks for the comparison, so is this a "go for kyosho if you have the money" thing? i like kyosho but they cost so much!! anyway do you have a link to the springs? i am looking into getting a set and it was between 3r and kyosho. if kyosho has a set like 3r i might get them, if i have the $

Matt

Hammer
10-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Matt, that would be my recommendation. Kyosho generally has the best quality & the most expensive optional parts available, however, in most cases they are well worth the additional cost. :)

I'll try and do the same comparison with springs for the rear shocks. Stay tuned. ;)

mat3833
10-16-2005, 01:45 AM
ok i will, but do you have a link to them?? i seriously cant find them.

Matt

Hammer
10-16-2005, 02:07 AM
The 3racing springs come in one set for front and rear including hard, medium & soft springs for each. The Kyosho springs are sold in separate sets for front & rear, each consisting of hard, medium & soft.

You can do a search on ebay to check them out, however if you want to purchase, contact the shop here or email bithed. I bought my Kyosho spring sets from him (bithed) both front and rear for $30 USD shipped & you get Black Black gum with your order! ;)

mat3833
10-16-2005, 02:09 AM
thanks, i have a set of bearings comming w/ gum. i will probobly order a shock tower before i get anything.

Matt