PDA

View Full Version : Tires sure wear out quick

46u
10-15-2005, 08:11 PM
The best jump I have for my half 8 is coming off the drive way and my tires sure do not last any time! I get about 10 runs and my tires are gone! Until there are other tires available here in the states do the X pattern tires hold up better or about the same? I am sure it will not be long before others make tires for it. :eek: :eek:

halfeight0to60
10-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Well I have the x pattern tires but I only run them on dirt. The original tires I ran until they turned into slicks. But surprisingly on a prepared paved track they are really sticky. I have to take it slow to not traction roll but most of the time around the corners I’m on two wheels.

46u
10-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Do the X pattern hold up better or is it to early to say?
Thanks

halfeight0to60
10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I guess its too early to say... since Im only running them on dirt they should last longer than the rest of the car. haha They feel a bit thicker and more durable than the originals. I would go for the x pattern over the originals anyway because you get the new wheel style which in my opinion is way better looking.

mat3833
10-15-2005, 11:39 PM
it is also stronger(wheel style)i think. if i remember correctly i heard a coment about proline tires n rims. in my opinion i would wait for those, they might come in different compounds. but if they dont come out soon i would go either the x-treads or mini block.

Matt

Smoothound
10-16-2005, 09:36 AM
On the dirt the standard tyres hold up ok. On tarmac they disappear quicker than a rat up a drainpipe :D

Mind you I find the rims are toast often before the tyres :eek:

BitHed
10-17-2005, 01:45 AM
...I decided to run a strip of duct tape around the inside of my stock rims before I run a new set...Saves them a little bit...The ballooning gets worse when the rims are cracked :mad: NOT the best choice for rim material for this platform...

mat3833
10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
yea, i have only drove like 7 packs through mine, all on asphault and the rims have some cracks!!! i havent hit anything or jumped (yet). i am just waiting for the proline dishes!! cmon Knuckles!!

Matt