PDA

View Full Version : Massive servo arm?

BLACKHAWK444
10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi. I just got my full sized aluminum servo arm and fitted into my H8. My servo is a hitec hs-85mg. It fits well but I don't have a chassis at the moment so I don't know if it will work. What do you think?

BitHed
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM
...Thats what I have been thinking about too...Looks good...Be good to hear how it goes...Do you have a vendor's link for that? Cost?

BLACKHAWK444
10-13-2005, 11:22 PM
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_36_233&products_id=6601 . 4$ :)

BitHed
11-29-2005, 03:30 AM
...BH have you cut this down to size yet? I found some nice ones locally and they are cut and fitted now...I can certainly feel the difference...

BLACKHAWK444
11-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Not yet. I still have to mount it up. I will try to in the next couple days.

bcuzau
11-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Having a long arm like that would sure increase the reaction time because your servo will require less travel to steer fully.. but at that length, might not work very well with a radio that doesn't have EPA, EXP adjustments.. But like Bit said you can just cut it, maybe have it just a little longer than the stock arm..

Regards,
:)

Hawk
11-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I found these:
http://www.heli-world.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=servo
They are precision made.

bcuzau
11-29-2005, 09:05 PM
That looks perfect.. I want one :)

BitHed
11-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Having a long arm like that would sure increase the reaction time because your servo will require less travel to steer fully.. but at that length, might not work very well with a radio that doesn't have EPA, EXP adjustments.. But like Bit said you can just cut it, maybe have it just a little longer than the stock arm..

Regards,

...Its not so much the length of the arm but how high up you have the ball mounted...I have a longer arm but the ball is about the same pposition / anglle / height as stock...works great...

Hawk
11-29-2005, 09:38 PM
but it looks better when it is the last or only hole in the arm. :cool:

bcuzau
11-29-2005, 10:02 PM
...Its not so much the length of the arm but how high up you have the ball mounted...I have a longer arm but the ball is about the same pposition / anglle / height as stock...works great...

You're right Bit, good thing you mentioned that .. but I was refering to Hawk's pic seeing that it was mounted right at the end.

BitHed
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
...Hawk is always full of surprises...

http://halfeight.com/gallery/data/500/medium/HAWKALICIOUS_2.JPG

...I can see the Crystal Geyser water bottle...

...I can see the servo arm and the new hinge pins...But what on earth ids the silver lookng bracket on the rear? Looks like it good be used to hold a nice spine or something ;) NOICE!!

DrVonHoSS
11-30-2005, 01:56 AM
I got a Helicopter servo arm for my Hitec 85mg.. purple anodized.. works great and it was only like 7 bux! I dont remember the name of the manufacturer though. :mad:

I am thinking of switching to a Hitec 81mg though.. the 85mg seems a little too slow for my liking. Luckily the same servo arm fits both! :)

Edit: Bit.. that pic u posted is the same servo arm I use.. bling bling!! That aluminum part on the rear of the car you see is the mount for the Eclipse upper deck... I dont see the deck though.. Hawk.. wuzz up wit dat?

Hawk
11-30-2005, 03:45 AM
...Hawk is always full of surprises...

...I can see the Crystal Geyser water bottle...

...I can see the servo arm and the new hinge pins...But what on earth ids the silver lookng bracket on the rear? Looks like it good be used to hold a nice spine or something ;) NOICE!!
The Crystal Geyser water bottle is about 1/3 full of used shock and diff silicone fluid. Pretty nasty stuff.

For the Dr. I am constantly taking it apart and putting something else in place. This is my mock up. Yes, I put the deck on , took it apart, turned upsidedown and ran a 3mm tap through some holes. If I could remember how to put more things back to gether I would have lots more run time.

The nuts are blue, not mine the car's in the picture. I got a bag of read ones to replace those and I thought about that for the picture and toadily forgot. I will correct that and show you Bit.
:cool: