PDA

View Full Version : My project pics

BLACKHAWK444
10-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Here are some pics of the parts that I just installed today :) . I just wish 3R would include instructions. I found myself guessing on alot of things. Here are some questions....
1. In the 3R steering kit there are two small silver washers. Are they meant to go under the big steering piece? I have the bearings then the BSP (big steering peice) then the small washers.

2. With the 3R front knuckles there are 4 screws included. Do these go onto the kingpins? They seem alot smaller than the stock ones, but maybe thats a good thing?

And my H8 is still not together because I am waiting on my alum. chassis.

WeatherB
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I'd recommend you don't use the right side of the steering kit (the side that the servo saver mounts onto).

I found that the way it was designed the servo saver won't center properly. I just the original plastic right side

EphiDelt490
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM
I used the right side and mine works fine :). Lightly sand it to make sure there are no burs in the alloy, as that's what will cause it to not center correctly. I don't recall where the washers go, but I'll look at mine tonight and let you know.

-Adam

BLACKHAWK444
10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the input. I will try the 3R setup soon. If it doesn't work I will put the stock back.

WeatherB
10-13-2005, 10:40 PM
The problem is that there is no raised guide for the spring so it starts moving around and getting caught up.

Also, the part where the two portions of the servo saver go together isn't angled enough so it doesn't center correctly.

Finally, the stock unit has the ball which connects to the servo offset and the 3racing doesn't so you'll end up with a short tie rod. You can open it up some more but the rod won't be threaded into the ball cups enough.

The washers go under the bearings

Ken Phat
10-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Alum. chassis!!!!!!! Where did you find that? Thanks in advance.

BLACKHAWK444
10-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Finally, the stock unit has the ball which connects to the servo offset and the 3racing doesn't so you'll end up with a short tie rod. You can open it up some more but the rod won't be threaded into the ball cups enough.

Weather are you talking about the torque rod?

WeatherB
10-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Not the chassis brace but the rod that attaches the steering to the servo

mat3833
10-13-2005, 11:52 PM
it may be off topic but does anyone use the titanium torque rods?

Matt