PDA

View Full Version : tamiya psitons

driftology
10-12-2005, 03:33 AM
has anyone tried the tamiya shock pistons in the 3racing shocks. they work better than the stock.im using the hole pistons and team losi 40wt oil.this setup will saok up all the bumps on bumpy track but wont do well jumping.

BitHed
10-12-2005, 04:04 AM
...i use TAMIYA oils in my shox...never thought of the TAMIYA pistons in the 3R shox..Good call...What hole piston you using? Ronny has a nice 3R shock mod which involves doing bigger holes...If your oil isnt taking the BIG jumps try going a little harder...If its soaking up the little ripples that sounds about right ;)

driftology
10-12-2005, 07:45 AM
sorry bout that, i posted using my clie and the screen is small ;p im using the 2 hole pistons. i also tried the 3 but you would have to use a heavier wt for it to work. are there any progressive rate springs out there now. i figure the 2 hole with about 50-60wt with some progressive springs will be soft to take the bumps in the track and still leave room for some simple jumps without botteming out. . . if that makes any sense.

BitHed
10-12-2005, 07:48 AM
...You COULD make them progressive with a smaller spring INSIDE the stock spring...it would be smaller hence working at a point AFTER the stock spring became compressed enough to engage the smaller one...Follow THAT? lol...You know what i mean...A spring inside a spring...

46u
10-15-2005, 08:17 PM
sorry bout that, i posted using my clie and the screen is small ;p im using the 2 hole pistons. i also tried the 3 but you would have to use a heavier wt for it to work. are there any progressive rate springs out there now. i figure the 2 hole with about 50-60wt with some progressive springs will be soft to take the bumps in the track and still leave room for some simple jumps without botteming out. . . if that makes any sense.

That is middy heavy for oil I would think. I only run 30 in my 1/10 nitro stadium trucks and my Savage. In my half 8 I run the 2 hole piston with 20 weight oil. I am thinking about trying 30 just to see. What do others run? :)